Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What's On Your Cabinets?


I'm still cleaning. I have finished the office, along with the living room and foyer. I am halfway through the kitchen, which is a painfully daunting task, between the refrigerator, oven, inside the cabinets and pantry. But it is coming along. The tops of my cabinets are bare and I vow not to use that area as storage ever again. Apparently that used to be the hiding place of choice when we wanted to keep something from the children. I found 2 baby bottles that Cecil put up there when trying to get Ava off the bottle (still working on that one). I found two pacifiers (put there when trying to get David off the pacifier (that mission was accomplished). I found a Pooh Bear book that was supposed to be a Christmas present for a nephew (about 2 Christmases ago) ...apparently I forgot where I hid it. I found a giant art kit filled with paints, markers and crayons that the older girls used to strow everywhere, and use to color the walls. And I also found a Valentine's Day card (not from this past Valentine's Day) that opens up and sings the High School Musical theme song over, and over, and over, and over again. I bet you can guess why that was up there.
I had to take a break for a bit because the hubs is installing flooring in the kids' rooms. ----Am I the only one who hates it when someone reads over my shoulder while I blog? I love you, honey but please go away. Thanks!----Anyway, we ripped up the nasty carpet that was in there...the carpet that we installed about 3 years ago...the carpet that I hated (no offense to anyone who loves carpet), and we are putting down laminate wood flooring. Not real wood because we know our children well enough to know that it will need to be replace in a few years anyway.


BEFORE



Back to work I go, hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

1 Sweet Comments:

  1. We don't have anything on our cabinets. We just moved, but I kind of like the clean look (our cabinets have crown molding around the top). I also hate carpet, so I am with you. In our old house the only thing that had carpet was the bedrooms...and that is only because it gets so cold in the winter!!

    PS I hate when people read over my shoulder while I am blogging too!!

    ReplyDelete