Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Bedtime?


It's 8am and all four of my kiddos are still sleeping.  I've had 2 hours of quiet time and I have savored every second of it.  But the downfall of them sleeping so late is that they give us such a hard time going to sleep at night.  Last night it was so tough getting them all to bed.  This frustrates C because, while I am a morning person and I like my quiet time in the morning, he is a night person and he prefers quiet time at night.  And when the kids are up, it ain't quiet. During the school year, we start bedtime at 8pm (and I usually follow not too far behind) I don't want the summer to be a time of strict bedtimes and waking times, but we do need some semblance of routine.

Oh, I hear Ava coming now.  She peeked around my door and said, "I been coming for you".  Nothing makes me smile bigger than that freshly woken up face.  So Sweet.

Okay, now I just got finished cleaning David after a nosebleed.  Guess quiet time is over, let's get this day started.

What do your kids' bedtimes/routines look like during the summer??

2 Sweet Comments:

  1. I try and get my kids in bed by 7:30 each night. I have a 5 yr old and a 20 month old. Here in Aussie the summer holidays start right before Christmas until the start of Feb. the kids break every 10-12 weeks for 2 weeks. The school year is made up into 4 terms. This week is the last week before they break for 2 weeks, and let me tell you how moody my 5 yr old is!. Eve just started Prep (Kinder) this year, and getting towards the end of the term i think she gets so tired.

    Wait a second....wasn't I meant to be answering your question, not rambling on...????!!!!

    So, to answer your question, during the summer holidays I still try and get my kids to bed at the same time and keep the same routine. I really love my free time at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR BLOG I ALSO HAVE A BLOG CALLED BEING REAL IN A PLASTIC WORLD ID LOVE FOR YOU TO CHECK IT OUT I NEED A PROFESIONALS OPINION.I REALY ADMIOR YOUR GOOD WORK and i love the desighn

    ReplyDelete