Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Randomness

It has been a while since I last posted, I know. We have been extremely busy and I have been very, very tired lately. I just trudge through the day, waiting for the second that I get to fall into my bed. Praying for more energy, or to realize what it is that is sucking me dry. I am really just counting the minutes until school is out and I can rest.

But in the midst of all the chaos, I got new floors, French doors hung in my foyer,a brand new stove, a new kitchen light(the old one hadn't worked in quite some time) and a new front door installed. My hubby has been working his hiney off and my house is looking great because of it.
We also recently celebrated our 10th anniversary recently, which I didn't blog about because we didn't much celebrate, since he had a "mandatory" crawfish boil with his work. But I will say that the past 10 years have been absolutely wonderful, and I wouldn't change a thing about them.

While at said crawfish boil, we discovered a great state park that we are taking the kids back to in a couple of weeks. We went canoeing and "hiking" on nature trails, if you can really call it hiking in Louisiana...everything is so flat that it is pretty much just walking through the woods. But it was lovely just the same. Except for the "snake" that I saw. Cecil swears it was a salamander, but I'm not convinced.

And then there was Mother's Day, which I also failed to blog about. I've really got to get on the ball, I'm missing some great blogging opportunities. A quick recap of the day: We went to church, then had lunch with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Then we came home and I cooked dinner for my family, and my parents. Oh that reminds me, I have to share the recipe that I cooked for them. Maybe I'll get to that later on today. Well, that about catches you up on the happenings of late.

Have a wonderful day, all!!

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment