Thursday, February 18, 2010

Treats, Treats, and More Treats

You know, when you have four kids and they all have Valentine's parties, and they all want to bring treats for their friends, that's ALOT of treats. Here are the Petit Fours and Sugar Cookies I sent for their Valentine's parties at school (well, Ava's went to Mrs. Shannon's).







I've been frequenting I Am Baker. She is so wonderfully talented. I found the tutorial for the Petit Fours and the sugar cookie recipe on her site. I have tried for years to make sugar cookies but the dough was always too soft and mushy to roll out and cut into shapes. My husband never really even liked sugar cookies. BUT, I found her recipe and it is wonderful! My husband even said, "Now that is one good sugar cookie, keep that recipe." Go check her out and say hi, I bet you'll be inspired to make something yummy.

Here is her Sugar Cookie Recipe

1-½ cup Butter (I Use Unsalted)
2 cups Sugar
2 whole Eggs
2 whole Eggs Yolks
4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons Almond Extract
4 cups All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking PowderPreparation

Instructions
In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix until combined. Add in vanilla and almond extract; mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
Slowly (about a cup at a time) add flour to butter mixture and combine. You can use a mixer or not, just depends on how strong you are.
I usually just mix ingredients until they are combined, as I have heard that if you over-mix this dough it will get tough.
Put dough on some Saran wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
When you are ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough out, cut out cookies, and bake for 6-8 minutes.



I keep the dough in the fridge and break off chunks to roll out, since I only bake about 6-8 at a time and I don't want the dough to get warm.

Enjoy!

2 Sweet Comments:

  1. They are just gorgeous... you are really talented!! Be sure to add them to the flickr pool too!!
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1234430@N24/

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all SO amazing! I love the petit fours! Stopping over from Beth's: Laugh Until You Cry.

    ♥♥♥ your blog!!! The background is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete