Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What's in a name?

Some of you may be wondering what the name of my blog means...thought I would elaborate just a little.

I am a working mom of four children, needless to say I get very busy, like most all of us do at times. Let me say first off that I love my job as a third grade teacher. And the environment in which I teach is really wonderful.
However, while my job is great and I plan on being there for a while, my heart is still at home with my babies. I still want to do the things that I feel like I could better do, if I was at home. I try hard to make the most of every free moment we have, which sometimes isn't many. I strive to have a smoothly run home which encompasses many different aspects-from establishing routines, to organizing all our "stuff", to meal planning and working hard to cook for my family(I will be honest, during the school year we eat out far more than I care to admit), to doing the little things with the kids like making play-doh, or making them homemade goodies.

I know there are some out there who can pull off the job and all the "stay-at-home duties" without a cinch. I have to work at it. And I guess that is kind of what this blog is all about. I get asked countless times how I do everything I do. There are times when it gets really stressful, but I try to keep everything in perspective (my husband helps with this one). I don't know everything, in fact, I'm sure I don't know much at this early stage in my life as a mommy. But I hope to share a few things that work in our house---and things that don't. So stay in touch and leave a comment if you stop by, it will make my day.

5 Sweet Comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog! Can't wait to read more! :) Stephanie S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - I needed this read! I am a full time mom of 3 (14,5&2) I am a VP of a company and it is tough - it is hard to keep everything together. I have done a lot of soul searching and look forward to reading your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just randomly came across your blog, but I am so glad I found it! Sound like we have a lot in common...I am also a teacher and a mom of 2 who loves Jesus!! Life is so busy for me and I don't have many people to relate with (most of my friends and the moms I know are SAHM). Looking forward to getting to know you through your blog!

    I have a blog as well...check it out if you get a chance! http://www.the-bender-family.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A working mom and 4 children...good for you! You struck a chord with me because you said it gets busy and you love teaching.

    It IS hard, but I thank you for recognizing that some moms can pull it off. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those who has 7 children, a clean house, children who do chores, have always been well behaved in public etc. I've always been embarrassed of it, but I've pulled it off because it's been part of what makes my life feel complete and like I'm doing the "job" too...to me. I rarely admit it, and if people comment I would down play.

    Coming out of the closet...thanks to you...and this may be the only place I do. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: I love your "I Love" list!! Wish I were that snappy!

    ReplyDelete